Weight Loss Smoothies
The best healthy green smoothies for weight loss. These easy weight loss smoothies are packed with greens (spinach or kale), fruit, and protein.
Some of our functional smoothie recipes have been getting lovely reviews lately (see these: Chocolate Maca Smoothie for hormone balance, and Green Detox Smoothie for liver support). As I know I’m not alone in gaining a few (10!) pounds during quarantine, I thought it a great time to share my favorite healthy green smoothie for weight loss. This one was inspired by a health focused smoothie created by an RD for Blenders.
If you’re a green smoothie beginner, I’d recommend starting with this tropical Green and Glowing Smoothie or Peanut Butter Green smoothie. If you’re looking for protein shakes you’ll love these 5 recipes.
Ingredients for Weight Loss Smoothies
- Coconut water for hydration and natural electrolytes.
- A little avocado provides creaminess and healthy fats to keep you fuller longer. Learn How to Freeze Avocados. I also use them in this Chocolate Avocado Smoothie.
- Protein from a scoop of pea protein powder (my favorite linked in the recipe cared below) and hemp seeds (feel free to sub chia and flax).
- Ginger (or turmeric), like in our Ginger and Turmeric Shots recipes, is great for immune support.
- Greens like spinach or kale add loads of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Lemon and frozen peaches (I used a nectarine here as that’s what I had) for flavor and vitamin C.
How to Make these Smoothies for Weight Loss
A high powered blender is best for green smoothies without any discernible pieces of greens. Start with a bit of coconut water in the bottom of the blender to help spin the blades. Then top with the remaining ingredients and I like lots of ice. Blend until smooth, adding more coconut water if needed to thin, and ice to thicken.
Top with a little hemp seeds if you’d like for texture. Enjoy right away or freezer for later. If you’d like to see all of our smoothie recipes in one place click here.
More Weight Loss Recipes
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/4 peeled avocado
- 1 peach, pitted (or 1 cup frozen peaches)
- 1/4" slice fresh peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon hemp, chia, or flax seeds
- 1 scoop pea protein powder (unflavored or vanilla)
- Pour coconut water into the blender. Top with the lemon juice, greens, avocado, peaches, ginger, seeds, and protein powder. Add a big handful or two of ice cubes.
- Place the lid on the blender and blend, using a tamper to help, until smooth.
- Add more ice to thicken and chill, or more coconut water to thin. Serve in glasses topped with a pinch more seeds and enjoy right away.
If you're not used to green smoothies, I recommend starting with baby spinach, which is milder in flavor than kale.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 8gProtein: 26g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.