Blueberry Banana Smoothie
A healthy blueberry banana smoothie with almond milk, chia, and hemp seeds. This delicious chia seed smoothie makes a great breakfast or snack.
One of the fun things about this job is celebrating when other authors have new books or projects. Catherine McCord of Weelicious recently sent me a copy of her fabulous new smoothie cookbook, Smoothie Project, and I couldn’t wait to check it out. This hardcover book is filled with beautiful photography or real food smoothies.
With permission from the publisher, I get to share one smoothie from the book, the dreamy Blueberry Chia Smoothie. Packed with some of my favorite nutrient-dense ingredients, this creamy, cold smoothie is rich and satisfying. I had all the ingredients on hand already, so I know it will become a go-to smoothie. Let’s check it out.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- Almond milk: I actually used soy milk as that’s what I had. Soy also has more protein and I find results in a creamier smoothie.
- Banana: I keep frozen banana chunks in the freezer for smoothie-making. Banana makes smoothies extra creamy.
- Hemp and Chia Seeds: A great way to add plant-based protein and Omega-3s. Smoothies are a great way to use these seeds, as they are more easily digestible when ground.
- Blueberries: Whenever organic blueberries are on sale I buy a bunch and freeze for smoothies and pies. You can also find frozen blueberries at nearly any grocery store, which is an economical way to go when they aren’t in season.
- Almond Butter: A boost of healthy fats and great flavor.
How to Make a Blueberry Chia Seed Smoothie
This blueberry smoothie recipe is as easy as tossing all the ingredients into the blender and hitting the “on” button. If you like smoothies thicker, or smoothie bowl style, I recommend adding just enough liquid to cover the blender blades, then slowly adding more as needed. Some smoothie bowls you might like include our Matcha Smoothie Bowl and Pitaya Smoothie Bowl.
Once the blueberry banana smoothie is creamy and smooth, just a minute or two in a high powered blender like this Vitamix, pour into a glass or bowl. I found this smoothie filled a pint-sized jar about 3/4 of the way full. This creamy blueberry banana smoothie was filling enough to be a meal for me, or two smoothies as a snack. Enjoy the smoothie immediately or freeze for later.
OPTIONAL SUPER BOOSTS: This recipe was republished with permission from the publisher and comes from the cookbook The Smoothie Project, by Catherine McCord. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455 Total Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 50g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g
OPTIONAL SUPER BOOSTS:
This recipe was republished with permission from the publisher and comes from the cookbook The Smoothie Project, by Catherine McCord.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.