Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt
Find out how to make my kids’ favorite simple healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe with yogurt or almond milk.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- With yogurt: I prefer plain dairy free Greek style yogurt like Kite Hill so this smoothie isn’t overly sweet. My daughter prefers vanilla yogurt. Yogurt has the added benefit of probiotics.
- Without yogurt: If you don’t like yogurt, you can use unsweetened almond milk. Use just enough to turn the blender.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
How to Add More Nutrition to your Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- I add a big handful of baby spinach for a green strawberry banana smoothie. You can’t taste the spinach, so it’s an easy way to get your greens in.
- I often add about 1/4 cup of oats to my daughter’s smoothie to make it more substantial.
- Add a tablespoon of flax or chia seeds for more protein and Omega-3s.
- Add a scoop of unflavored protein powder. I find vanilla is too sweet for my taste here.
How to Serve or Freeze Your Strawberry Banana Smoothies
- Pour your smoothies into glasses and drink with a glass straw.
- Make it extra thick by using less liquid and more ice/frozen fruit and serve as a smoothie bowl.
- Freezer for later. Check out this post on How to Freeze Smoothies.
More Favorite Smoothie Recipes
- Green & Glowing Smoothie
- Acai Smoothie Bowls
- Pitaya Smoothie Bowls
- Matcha Smoothie Bowls
- Dragon Fruit Smoothies
- Tropical Turmeric Smoothies
- Chocolate Maca Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie
- Lemon Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk or dairy-free plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup ice
optional nutrition boosters
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Place the strawberries, peeled banana, yogurt or almond milk, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more milk or yogurt as needed to thin.
- For an extra nutrition boost, feel free to add flax meal, chia seeds, oats, or baby spinach and blend until very smooth.
- Serve thinner strawberry banana smoothies in a glass. You can serve thicker ones in a bowl topped with your favorite fruit, granola, nuts, seeds, or coconut.
Nutrition information was calculated using almond milk and no toppings or additions.
For bright fresh flavor, we sometimes add a whole peeled small orange (as seen in the video). This also thins the smoothie.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g