Moscow Mule Mocktail Recipe
This ginger beer mocktail recipe is the best easy non-alcholic drink! Virgin Moscow mules are a fresh, bright, refreshing way to celebrate any day.
As much as we’ve enjoyed making grown-up cocktail recipes in the past (see our Aperol Spritz, Greyhound, and Mulled Wine if you’re into that), healthy non alcoholic mocktail recipes are actually my preference.
For functional health beverages, you won’t want to miss our Grapefruit Soda, Lemon Apple Cider Vinegar Drink, Hot Apple Cider Vinegar Drink, Detox Water Recipes, Dandelion Detox Tea, Green Detox Smoothie, Beet Juice, and Ginger Shots. Lavender Lemonade is another favorite.
Easy Ginger Beer Mocktail Ingredients
A great mocktail should have a few key elements: something just a little sweet (ginger beer here), something zingy and and acidic (lime juice), something fizzy like club soda or sparkling water, and a fresh herbal note like mint.
Sweet, spicy, and sparkling, ginger beer has long been one of my favorite mocktail recipe bases. My favorite is Reed’s Zero Sugar Extra ginger beer, which is sweetened with natural sugar-free sweeteners. You can find it at Trader Joe’s. Zevia also has a sugar free ginger beer, and other stevia-sweetened mixers.
What is a Moscow Mule?
According to my grandmother’s Old Mr. Boston Official Bartender’s Guide from 1935, a classic Moscow Mule is made with crushed ice, 1 1/2 oz. vodka, juice of 1/2 lime, and ginger beer.
Moscow mules are traditionally served in copper mugs, which is surely part of the fun. The classic Moscow mule makes an excellent super easy non alcoholic mocktail – simply omit the vodka. This virgin version is just as tasty, and so much healthier.
What to Serve with Mocktails
For a healthier happy hour, try some of these favorites:
- Classic Hummus & Crudite from Scratch
- Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites
- Edamame Hummus
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Rice Paper Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- Labneh Dip with Pomegranate & Pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup Reed's ginger beer*
- juice of 2 medium limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup club soda or sparkling water
- fresh mint, for garnish
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
- Fill two copper mule mugs 2/3 full with ice.
- Top with ginger beer, lime juice, and club soda.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with mint and lime wedges and enjoy immediately.
*I use Reed's zero sugar extra ginger beer found at Trader Joe's
- Add 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils for a festive touch during the holidays for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Eve.
- Add fresh cucumber slices for a refreshing summer mocktail.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.