Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites
Sparkling cranberry brie bites are made with sugared cranberries, crackers, jam, and brie cheese are a beautiful and easy holiday appetizer perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve.
How to Make Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites
Sugar the Cranberries
Assemble the Bites
Once the cranberries are sugared to glittery perfection, we are ready to assemble. Top the crackers with a slice of your favorite Brie type of creamy cheese. Since I don’t use much dairy anymore, I prefer to use a nut-based “cheese” from Kite Hill. There are so many great tasting dairy free cheeses these days. I also love using a goat cheese style nut cheese from Treeline.
The chutney helps glue everything together. You could use our homemade Cranberry Chutney, or a store bought one.
Fresh cranberries are only available this time of year, so grab a bag the next time you’re at the market and sugar those babies up. Last year I used sugared cranberries to top a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving, but they’re also a nice low-guilt treat to satisfy your sweet tooth on their own.
Some sparkling shoes are obviously a must when you’re enjoying sparking hors d’oeuvres. Santa, Darling, every gal needs a pair of these Glitter Louboutins for the Holidays. Santa? Yummy Hubby? You listening?
If these beauties don’t get you into the holiday spirit, I don’t know what will. Red, sparkling, sweet, tart, and creamy, these Sparkling Cranberry Brie Crackers have everything you could want in a fall or winter hors d’oeuvres.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup good maple syrup
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 16 crackers
- 8 oz. Brie cheese or Kite Hill almond based soft ripened cheese
- cranberry chutney or cranberry relish
- fresh mint for garnish
- Rinse cranberries and place in a medium bowl. Heat syrup in a small sauce pan just until warm. Pour over cranberries when syrup is warm, not hot, or cranberries may pop. Cool, cover, and let soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain cranberries in a colander. Place sugar in a large bowl or baking dish. Add cranberries in 2 batches and roll around until lightly coated in sugar. Place on a baking sheet until dry, about 1 hour.
- Assemble crackers with one slice of brie, a light layer of cranberry chutney, and 4 or 5 sugared cranberries. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
You can make the sugared cranberries up to one day in advance. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g