Hot Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
This warm and cozy hot apple cider vinegar drink is made with hot water, apple cider, and Bragg’s apple cider vinegar with the mother. It’s a healthy apple cider vinegar detox drink that tastes absolutely delicious and is a great way to unwind at the end of the day.
Yes, yes, we’ve already done an apple cider vinegar drink recipe. This one is different though and it’s perfect for colder weather. Whereas our first ACV drink recipe is cold, refreshing, and tastes like lemonade, this one is warm and cozy with flavors of apple and cinnamon. If you want to reap the apple cider vinegar benefits, but don’t like the taste, this recipe is for you!
Hot Spiced Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Ingredients
This recipe is so very simple. Just a few ingredients and a few minutes are all you need.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (such as Bragg’s, but you can also find generic at Trader Joe’s, etc.)
- Boiling water
- Unsweetened apple juice or spiced apple cider. If you’ve got extra apples, you can even make your own Homemade Apple Cider. If you’re using apple juice, I recommend using unfiltered and adding a pinch of cinnamon.
Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Diet
Apple cider vinegar is naturally fermented apple juice. It’s best to choose a bottle that specifies “organic apple cider vinegar with the mother.” The reason for choosing this raw, unpasteurized version is that it contains prebiotics and probiotics, which promote gut health, which are important for digestion and immune system function.
According to Patricia Bragg, “The research world-wide supports Hippocrates (father of medicine) who treated his patients in 400 BC, and discovered ACV is a powerful cleansing & healing elixir, a naturally occurring antibiotic & antiseptic that fights germs & bacteria for a healthier, longer life!” Apple cider vinegar detox drink recipes are nothing new! ACV has many other uses, from topical skin potions to Salad Dressing.
How to Make a Hot Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Though you can find apple cider vinegar drinks bottled in many grocery stores, at least here in Santa Barbara, hometown to Bragg Live Foods, it’s easy to make your own at home.
Start with hot water. You can microwave a mug, or simmer on the stove. I use an electric tea kettle multiple times a day, and if you’re a tea-drinker, I highly recommend one! Anyway, get yourself a mug full of boiling water.
To the how water add a splash of apple cider vinegar and some apple cider. If you want more sweetness, feel free to stir in some organic liquid stevia or maple syrup.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple cider
- 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar (such as Bragg)
- 1 apple slice, for garnish, optional
- Pour boiling water into a mug.
- Immediately add the apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Sweeten to taste with additional apple cider, a few drops of liquid stevia, or maple syrup, if desired.
- You can use apple juice, rather than apple cider, but add a pinch of cinnamon.
- This recipe makes one smallish serving. Feel free to double it, or heat and add more apple cider to taste. When adding more apple cider, you may need to reheat in a small saucepan over the stove or in the microwave.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 mug
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Net Carbohydrates: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g