30 Best Buddha Bowls
30 of the best nourishing Buddha bowls around. These colorful vegetarian and vegan bowls are bursting with macronutrients to fuel your body and mind.
Buddha bowls, nourish bowls, rainbow bowls, hippie bows, macro bowls, yoga bowls… these beauties have many names and have become increasingly popular over the past couple of years. And I, for one, couldn’t be happier about it! I would be happy to eat these colorful bowls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are simple to make, beautiful, nourishing, and (maybe surprisingly) kid friendly.
My favorite way to serve savory dinner Buddha bowls is to set out bowls of various nutrient dense ingredients/toppings and let everyone make their own bowl. There are no rules – just be sure to include veggies and protein, and several colors and textures. If you take an hour over the weekend to prep some foods that take longer, your Buddha bowls will be quick and easy. I like to cook quinoa, lentils and some veggies like beets and sweet potatoes over the weekend. You can dress your bowls with your favorite dressing or add a dollop of hummus, tahini, salsa, or guacamole. Or leave them undressed!
These Korean BBQ Chickpea Bowls are one of my very favorite healthy Buddha bowl recipes. The chickpea marinade is mouthwatering and addictive. My whole family loves this one.
A similar Buddha Bowl made with Easy Baked Tofu with Ginger Soy Sauce Glaze.
Quinoa Meal Prep Bowls with Creamy Lemon Dressing are so tasty and nourishing. I could eat this for lunch every single day.
A bowl of quinoa with roasted kale, avocado, and a poached egg is one of my go-to lunch or dinner recipes for nights when there’s “nothing” in the house to eat. It’s so much healthier, cheaper, and quicker than that pizza delivery that will leave you with a bellyache.
Sheet Pan Buddha Bowls with Tahini Sauce are a great way to clean out the fridge and load your plate with veggies, quinoa, and falafel.
Let’s talk about sauces for a minute. I have a few favorite Buddha bowl sauces that add a ton of flavor to any Buddha bowl. For Mexican style bowls, guacamole or salsa work just fine. For Indian use a chutney like this Cranberry Chutney or a yogurt sauce. For Thai Buddha bowls use my favorite Thai Peanut Sauce (pictured above) and for Mediterranean use this simple Tahini Sauce.
Chana Masala is the star of this Indian inspired bowl with golden turmeric rice.
Red Lentil Dal is another Indian inspired dish that makes a delicious bowl.
My winter Buddha bowl of the week: Curried chickpeas with roasted Brussels sprouts, purple carrots, purple sweet potatoes, golden beets, and radishes, avocado, and tahini over a bed of quinoa. Recipe at the end 🙂
- Mexican Rice & Beans Rainbow Bowl
- Quinoa, Kale, and Egg Bowl (pictured above)
- Curried Chickpea Buddha Bowl (pictured above and recipe below)
- Easy Vegan Chia Pudding Parfaits
- Acai Bowls
- Pitaya Bowls
- Rainbow Bowls
- Veggie Sushi Bowls
- BBQ Baked Tofu Buddha Bowls
- Quinoa Taco Bowls
- Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Curry with Pumpkin, Cauliflower, and Chickpeas
- Spicy Mango Avocado Rice Bowl from Love and Lemons
- Chili Orange Veggie Bowl
- Greek Goddess Grain Bowl from Half Baked Harvest
- Roasted Nourish Bowls with Lemon Tahini Dressing from A Couple Cooks
- The Ultimate Winter Bliss Bowls with Falafel from Pinch of Yum
- Honey Ginger Tofu Veggie Stir Fry from Pinch of Yum
- Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Vegan Quinoa Power Bowls with Roasted Veggies and Avocado Sauce from Avocado Pesto
- Thai Style Buddha Bowl from Leelalicious
- Chimichurri Nourish Bowl from The Simple Veganista
- Winter Cobb Salad from Begin With Nutrition
- Farmers Market Sesame Miso Noodle Bowls from Half Baked Harvest
- Sunshine Bowl with Sunflower Seed Tahini from Feasting at Home
- Summer Glow Bowl from Feasting at Home
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl with Lemon Maple Tahini Sauce
- Nourish + Glow Bowl with Sun Dried Tomato Hummus from Oh She Glows
- Fall Veg Lentil Bowl with Gogi Ginger Tahini Cream from The First Mess
- Polenta with French Lentils from In Pursuit of More
- Kale Salad Balance Bowl from Begin Within Nutrition
Nutrition Information: Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 504mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 6g Protein: 19g