Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
These no-bake chocolate brownie coconut bites are sweet, satisfying, and delicious. When a chocolate craving strikes, you can have these little bite-sized lovers ready in minutes. They’re vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and naturally sweetened.
This easy treat recipe comes to us thanks to a reader request! I absolutely love when you guys tell me what you want to see here on the blog, so don’t be shy! A visitor recently made my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bites that are a copycat of the delicious Hail Merry bites. She loved them, but wanted a chocolate version for her chocolate-loving boyfriend. How could I say no to that?! Yummy Hubby happens to love coconut macaroons, so I’m always up for making a batch. Coconut seems to be one of those foods that people either love or hate. Which side are you on?
Coming up with this cocoa macaroon recipe was as easy as it gets. Just a handful of simple ingredients are needed. The base of these coconut bites is, of course, coconut. I used unsweetened, finely flaked coconut from Bob’s Red Mill. If can only find larger flaked coconut, just pop all the ingredients in the food processor to blend. I’m sharing a very basic recipe for these chocolate macaroons, but feel free to play around with it. I have a feeling these would be a great place to add hemp seeds. Given my love of all things chocolate and peanut butter, I’ll be adding some peanut butter next time too!
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons almond flour (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Adding almond flour can help bind the mixture together, but isn't necessary. Coat a small cookie scoop with cooking spray or coconut oil and scoop the batter. Press the coconut mixture firmly into the scoop and then release onto a dish. Continue until all the coconut mixture has been used up and store the macaroon bites in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g