Coffee & Dessert Bar with Chocolate Hazelnut Lattes
Find out how to make a Chocolate Hazelnut Latte and get ideas for putting together a beautiful coffee and dessert bar. This post has been sponsored by Nespresso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The holidays are approaching, and I know that means entertaining family and friends. Today, I'm sharing ideas for putting together a dessert and coffee bar that would be perfect for holiday parties or any time of year. I think this would be really sweet for a bridal or wedding shower, too.
My favorite way to entertain is to have everything done before guests arrive. With this dessert and coffee bar, guests can help themselves to their own coffee and treats. That means you get to mingle with friends rather than hustle around cooking and serving. Nespresso espresso maker and pods, plus some homemade bite-sized desserts, and pretty decorations are such an easy and fun way to entertain.
How to Make a Chocolate Hazelnut Latte
Having coffee in Italy is one of my favorite things. Coffee culture there is much different than in the U.S. A few differences to note: You most commonly get your tiny cup of espresso or cappuccino at the "bar." Milky drinks are always reserved for mornings, while a shot of espresso with a packet of sugar often comes after dinner. Unlike the massive list of coffee drinks at most coffee shops here in the U.S., coffee in Italy is usually served just a handful of ways: espresso, cappuccino, or latte.
There are a few specialties you may find though, like caffè alla nocciola, or coffee with hazelnut cream. This decadent coffee specialty originated in the Naples are of Italy. To make caffè alla nocciola, a dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread goes into the bottom of a glass. It's topped with espresso and steamed milk. When stirred, the latte becomes a rich and creamy hazelnut mocha flavor.
Coffee Bar Ideas
I set my Nepresso Essenza Mini, which I normally keep in the guest house for guests, in the middle of a console table. Nepresso coffee is rich and delicious and pairs perfectly with desserts. Next, I set out bite-sized treats and coffee accoutrements.
DIY Coffee Bar Essentials:
- Nepresso Essenza Mini
- Nepresso espresso pods (I love the Fortissio Lungo)
- Touch Nomad Dispenser, perfect for keeping your Nespresso capsules all in one place
- Creamer/milk of choice
Looking to get your own Nespresso Essenza Mini? Click below to shop!
Fun Coffee Additions:
- Chocolate hazelnut spread for guests to make their own caffe alla nocciola
- Freshly whipped coconut cream
- Cocoa powder
- Crushed candy canes (for the holidays)
Bite Sized Desserts:
- Homemade Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Biscotti
- Vegan Almond Flour Brownies (cut into small squares)
- Raw Brownie Energy Bites
- Vegan Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Cookie Dough Balls
- Chocolate covered espresso beans
Adding something fresh is always nice.
A bowl of fresh berries or tangerines ads color, freshness and those healthy options that I love.
DIY Coffee Bar Decorations
- Coffee mugs and dessert plates
- Any table linens or dessert napkins
- Fresh flowers
- Tea light candles
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1-2 shots brewed espresso
- 1/2 cup steamed almond milk
- stevia or sweetener of choice to taste
- cocoa powder for garnish, optional
- chopped hazelnuts for garnish, optional
- Place the chocolate hazelnut spread at the bottom of a coffee mug. Brew the espresso on top of the spread. Top with steamed almond milk. Garnish with cocoa powder and hazelnuts, if desired.
- To enjoy, sweeten to taste and stir to combine the spread, coffee, and milk.
This recipe is easy to make vegan. Simply choose a dairy-free chocolate hazelnut spread or make your own!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120