Grain Free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Gluten-free, grain-free, paleo pumpkin muffins made with almond flour.
My grain-free chocolate muffins have gotten such great reviews on the blog that I wanted to adapt them into a pumpkin muffin recipe. I adore pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins, but unfortunately most recipes are made with loads of white flour and sugar, which means they are basically just cake. These healthy pumpkin muffins are moist, light, soft, not too sweet, and best warm from the oven.
They are tasty and guilt-free since there is no refined sugar – just a little natural honey for sweetness. Pumpkin keeps the muffins naturally moist, without much added oil. Made with almond flour, these muffins are higher in protein than the average muffin, which makes them more satisfying. If you have a nut allergy try these instead.
I like making mini muffins best because they are the perfect size for kids, or adults wanting just a bite with their afternoon cup of tea. These pumpkin muffins turn out a bit darker brown than most pumpkin muffins. Don’t be alarmed if yours look dark. Its simply the result of of dark cinnamon and the lack of bleached flour.
I wish I could say the chocolate and pumpkin seeds are optional… but the little bit of crunch and sweetness just makes a huge wonderful difference, so please try them.
If you liked these grain free pumpkin muffins, be sure to try these amazing chocolate muffins!
If you’re looking for a more traditional, fluffy pumpkin muffin recipe that just happens to be gluten free and vegan, you’ll love these!
Grain-Free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
Paleo, gluten free, grain free, pumpkin muffins made with almond flour.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons Lily's Sweets or Enjoy Life chocolate chips (I actually used chopped semi-sweet chocolate, but then the recipe is not refined-sugar free any longer)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin (or mini muffin tin) with liners or coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, butter or coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until combined.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. You can stir some chocolate into the batter, or just sprinkle on top. Spoon into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle chocolate and pumpkin seeds over the top. Bake until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes for minis and 30 for full sized, checking on the muffins 5 minutes early. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 11 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Pingback: Grain-Free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins - Easy Recipes
Pingback: Grain-Free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins – Recipe Me