Chocolate Chia Pudding
Try this easy recipe for incredibly delicious vegan chocolate chia pudding. This healthy treat doesn’t taste healthy at all. Don’t you just love when you can have chocolate for breakfast!
Chocolate chia pudding is a nourishing breakfast, afternoon pick-me-up, or dessert that tastes decadent and absolutely delicious. It’s rich, creamy, and wonderful. Mix up a few simple ingredients before bed and wake up to chocolate chia pudding. Now that, is a good way to start the day!
I know I just posted a chia seed pudding recipe, but… chocolate chia pudding deserves it’s own post. It’s that good. After months of making plain chia pudding, I’ve started adding unsweetened cacao powder to the mix. Yummy Hubby and the kids couldn’t believe this rich, chocolaty, decadent tasting pudding is actually so nourishing. My daughter was shocked I was letting her have chocolate for breakfast. Cacao is a superfood with many benefits, so the chocolaty addition isn’t just for taste.
- Is very high in antioxidants
- Boosts tryptophan, serotonin, and endorphins, which boost mood
- Supports metabolism and can help with weight loss
- Contains vitamins A, B, E and minerals (1)
So go ahead and eat that chocolate for breakfast! There is no reason to give up sweet chocolate treats when eating healthy. Just make sure it doesn’t have a bunch of added sugar and is unprocessed. Raw cacao has the maximum amount of nutrients compared to processed chocolate. This is the brand I used.
This chia pudding needs to sit overnight to set up, but takes about 1 minute to prepare. Shake a batch together in a canning jar before bed and it will be ready in the morning. This pudding can be served for breakfast, snack, or a healthy dessert to satisfy those chocolate cravings. I love grabbing a little jar of chocolate chia pudding to get me through that afternoon slump.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or favorite milk)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- liquid stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Place almond milk, chia seeds, and cacao into a canning jar and cover with the lid. Shake until well combined. Add a teaspoon of maple syrup or sweeten to taste with stevia or desired sweetener. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours.
- Serve as-is or topped with berries, coconut chips, nuts or cacao nibs on top.
Nutrition information is approximate and calculated by a third party site. If your health depends on nutrition information please calculate again using your favorite method and specific ingredients. This information was calculated for 1/2 of the total recipe with zero calorie stevia.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Carbohydrates: 14gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g