Tuesday, January 12, 2016 / 2 Comments / Breakfast , Chocolate , Dessert , healthy desserts , healthy living , Raw , Vegan
Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding
Try this easy recipe for incredibly delicious vegan chocolate chia pudding. This healthy treat doesn't taste healthy at all.
I know I just posted a chia seed pudding recipe, but... chocolate chia pudding deserves it's own post. It's that good. After months of making plain chia pudding, I've started adding unsweetened cacao powder to the mix. Yummy Hubby and the kids couldn't believe this rich, chocolaty, decadent tasting pudding is actually so nourishing. My daughter was shocked I was letting her have chocolate for breakfast. Cacao is a superfood with many benefits, so the chocolaty addition isn't just for taste.
- Is very high in antioxidants
- Boosts tryptophan, serotonin, and endorphins, which boost mood
- Supports metabolism and can help with weight loss
- Contains vitamins A, B, E and minerals (1)
So go ahead and eat that chocolate for breakfast! There is no reason to give up sweet chocolate treats when eating healthy. Just make sure it doesn't have a bunch of added sugar and is unprocessed. Raw cacao has the maximum amount of nutrients compared to processed chocolate. This is the brand I used.
This chia pudding needs to sit overnight to set up, but takes about 1 minute to prepare. Shake a batch together in a canning jar before bed and it will be ready in the morning. This pudding can be served for breakfast, snack, or a healthy dessert to satisfy those chocolate cravings.
Chocolate Chia Pudding RecipeYummy Mummy Kitchen
Vegan chocolate chia pudding recipe.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or favorite milk)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- liquid stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Place almond milk, chia seeds, and cacao into a canning jar and cover with the lid. Shake until well combined. Add a teaspoon of maple syrup or sweeten to taste with stevia or desired sweetener. Place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Serve as is or topped with berries, coconut chips, or cacao nibs on top.
Prep Time: 2 mins.
Tags: breakfast, dessert, health, vegan, vegetarian, chia, chocolate, cacao
Sources: (1) http://dailysuperfoodlove.com/2852/21-fantastic-benefits-of-cacao/