Tuesday, May 5, 2015 / ... comments / chili , Gluten Free , make-ahead , Slow Cooker , Soup , Vegan , Vegetarian
Slow Cooker White Bean and Quinoa Veggie Chili
When we began this kitchen remodel I thought I would love using the slow cooker all the time. But I have a confession to make… it's a love-hate relationship. I absolutely LOVE how easy it is to throw a bunch of fresh ingredients in and have a warm dinner ready whenever we are. Washing the bowl in my little laundry room at 9PM after the kids go to bed, however, is not quite as enjoyable. Sill, the ease is worth it. One of our favorite slow cooker dinners right now is this white chili. It's so super easy to make and light enough for spring and summer.
Everything goes into the slow cooker bowl at once. Easy peasy.
Toppings are a must. Our favorites? Cilantro, avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, hot sauce, and this time I added some pretty watermelon radishes for your viewing pleasure (and crunch).
White Bean and Quinoa Vegetarian Chili
printer friendly recipe
Yield: serves 6
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) can Ortega diced green chillis
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 heaping tablespoon taco seasoning
- 48 oz. vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lime
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocado
- halved cherry tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- hot sauce
- Stir all ingredients together into a slow cooker (except toppings). Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4, depending on your cooker. Stir in the lime juice and serve!
- Top with cilantro, avocado, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheddar, tortilla chips, hot sauce, sliced radishes, or your favorite Mexican toppings!