Thursday, July 24, 2014 / ... comments /
Italian Peppers & Onions: Life's Good in the Kitchen
LG Electronics asked me to share with you a new Food Network show they are sponsoring, and I agreed because I think the show looks great! "The Kitchen" is hosted by Katie Lee and the set kitchen is fully equipped with LG Appliances from refrigerator and ovens to microwave and LG cooktop. LG's mission is to prove that "Life's Good in the Kitchen" - a mission I love. Life really is good in the kitchen - it's not just about the constant making of food for the family. This is especially true for me this summer while the kids are out of school and we have been on vacation. There's no alone cooking prep time for mama, so cooking time happens together.
The good news is that you have a chance to win one of these refrigerators.
To enter, simply visit LG's Facebook page at LGKitchenCaptions.com and write a witty caption to a scene from LG's brand new home appliance commercials.
Entry starts 06/20/14 and ends 07/31/14. Public Voting for best captions start 08/20/14 and ends 09/03/14. Good luck! I would be so excited if one of my readers won! You'll invite me over to snack from your new fancy schmancy fridge, right?
Alright, here is that recipe for Italian Onions and Peppers we made in Italy. I usually serve it with spaghetti aglio e olio (spaghetti with olive oil and garlic) but this time served it with zucchini noodles, because I am having a lot of fun with my veggie spiralizer right now. Also, I usually cook some sausage (real for the hubby, and vegan for moi) in the same pan as the peppers and onions. You can add them right in with the peppers and onions. Here I've just added fresh mozzarella pieces.
Italian Peppers and Onions
Customize this recipe the way you like! Serve it over cooked spaghetti or lightly sauteed zucchini noodles. Boost the protein by adding Italian sausage to the pan with the onions and peppers. Or add fresh mozzarella or shaved Parmesan on top before serving.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers
- fresh chopped parsley or basil
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and season with a little sea salt. Saute until softened and beginning to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and saute another minute. Add the wine, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste and stir until tomato paste is worked in and wine has cooked down, about 5 minutes. Stir in capers to heat through.
2. Serve your peppers and onions over spaghetti or with cooked Italian sausage. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
LG Home Appliances are your partner in creating memorable cooking experiences and “Life’s Good” moments in the kitchen.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of LG. The opinions and text are all mine.