Fresh Peach Bellini Recipe
What is a Peach Bellini?
How to Make a Peach Bellini
What to Serve with Peach Bellinis
Caprese Bruschetta Bites Recipe
printer friendly recipe
Total Time: about 15 mintues
Yield: about 20 bites depending on size of tomatoes
- 1/2 baguette, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 yellow heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 red heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced (the kind packed in water)
- fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- Aged balsamic vinegar or syrup (I recommend il fustino aged balsamic)
1. Using a serrated knife, cut baguette crosswise into 1/2″ slices. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Toast or grill bread.
2. Cut toasted bread, tomatoes, and mozzarella into 1-inch pieces. Arrange Caprese Bruschetta Bites by placing a piece of mozzarella on top of the bread pieces, then top with a piece of tomato and basil. Skewer with a toothpick and drizzle with balsamic.
*Caprese Bruschetta Bites can be made up to an hour in advance and refrigerated.
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
- 1 bottle chilled prosecco sparkling wine (or sparkling water for a virgin bellini)
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1. Place diced peaches, lemon juice, and honey in a food processor. Blend until smooth and pureed. Pour puree through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl. You may have to press it through with the back of a spoon.
2. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the peach puree into the bottoms of wine or Champagne glasses. Top with Prosecco and gently stir to combine. Garnish with fresh peach slices.
adapted from Ina Garten's Bellini recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 8mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Protein: 1g