Ultimate Summer Quinoa Salad
Want more quinoa recipes? I have a whole quinoalicious board on pinterest filled with some of my favorites from around the web.
Follow Marina Delio’s board Quinoa on Pinterest.//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js
Summer Quinoa Salad Recipe
printer friendly recipe
Yield: serves 6-8
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (I used Trader Joe’s organic tricolor quinoa)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Persian cucumber (or 1/2 English hothouse), diced
- 2-3 ears fresh raw corn, kernels cut off
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 3 large nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
1. In a large serving bowl, toss together all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
-To bulk up this salad, add a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans.
-This salad is delicious with avocado! Toss chunks in or serve with avocado strips on top.
-Spice it up with one finely chopped jalapeno pepper.