Tuesday, October 4, 2016 / ... comments / Halloween
Easy and fun Halloween pizzas with spiders, bats, monster faces and eyes, and pumpkins! These Halloween pizzas are perfect for Halloween parties or Halloween dinner.Pinterest is covered with pumpkin and spice and spiders and ghosts. Our kids get so excited for Halloween. We just ordered Halloween costumes and costume-making supplies. Our Halloween tradition is to celebrate with friends in the early evening, nibbling on spooky snacks, and then head out trick-or-treating.
I've shared five Halloween pizza ideas to get you started... spider, monster face, monster eye, bat, and pumpkin. Of course you wouldn't need to make all of these different toppers. Which is your favorite? The trick to great Halloween pizza toppings is to bake the pizzas and then top them. If you decorate your pizzas before baking, the toppings will wilt and move around.
Halloween Pizzasyummy mummy kitchen
Cute Halloween pizzas made with English muffins and veggies
- 1 package of 6 English muffins
- 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella (or non-dairy cheese)
- 1 can large black olives (for bats and spiders)
- 1 jar large green olives stuffed with garlic (for eyes)
- fresh basil (for monster eyes)
- 3 mini orange bell peppers (for pumpkins)
- 1/2 cup micro greens (for monster hair and pumpkin stems)
- yellow mustard (for bat eyes)
- 1 red bell pepper (for monster mouth)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place the English muffins cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread a layer of sauce over the cut sides of muffins. Top with cheese. Bake 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- To make eyes, cut the green olives crosswise into rounds and remove the garlic. Cut the black olives into small pieces that fit inside the green olives for the pupils. See video.
- To make spiders, cut the black olives in half lengthwise for bodies. Then cut one legs by making thin slices lengthwise. See video.
- To make bats, cut black olives in half lengthwise. Then cut some of the halved olives into thin slices lengthwise. Cut the strips crosswise to make ears and wings. To make the bat eyes, dip a toothpick into mustard and draw on the olive halves. See video.
- To make pumpkins, cut the mini orange peppers crosswise into rounds and place on the pizzas. Cut strips to fill in the pumpkins. Use micro greens or a small piece of basil for the stem. See video.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 18 mins.
Tags: halloween, party food, pizza, vegetarian