Easy and fun Halloween pizzas with spiders, bats, monster faces and eyes, and pumpkins! These Halloween pizzas are perfect for Halloween parties or Halloween dinner.
It’s Halloween month and that means Pinterest is covered with pumpkin and spice and spiders and ghosts. Our kids get so excited for Halloween. We just ordered Halloween costumes and costume-making supplies. Our Halloween tradition is to celebrate with friends in the early evening, nibbling on spooky snacks, and then head out trick-or-treating.
Olive spiders have long been a favorite for Halloween food. I usually see them on deviled eggs, but thought they would be just as cute and tasty on mini Halloween pizzas. And they are! There’s so much you can do with olives! I adore the little bats too. I got the idea for the bats from these deviled eggs. And what kid doesn’t love pizza? Since Halloween is always a busy day, I like to make life easy and take a shortcut by using English muffins to make mini pizzas. English muffin pizzas can be made healthier, gluten-free, and even vegan if desired. Food for Life makes sprouted grain, gluten free, flax, and seed English muffins so these Halloween pizzas can be nutritious as well as cute.
I’ve shared five Halloween pizza ideas to get you started… spider, monster face, monster eye, bat, and pumpkin. Of course you wouldn’t need to make all of these different toppers. Which is your favorite? The trick to great Halloween pizza toppings is to bake the pizzas and then top them. If you decorate your pizzas before baking, the toppings will wilt and move around.
- 1 package of 6 English muffins
- 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella (or non-dairy cheese)
- 1 can large black olives (for bats and spiders)
- 1 jar large green olives stuffed with garlic (for eyes)
- fresh basil (for monster eyes)
- 3 mini orange bell peppers (for pumpkins)
- 1/2 cup micro greens (for monster hair and pumpkin stems)
- yellow mustard (for bat eyes)
- 1 red bell pepper (for monster mouth)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place the English muffins cut side up on a baking sheet. Spread a layer of sauce over the cut sides of muffins. Top with cheese. Bake 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- To make eyes, cut the green olives crosswise into rounds and remove the garlic. Cut the black olives into small pieces that fit inside the green olives for the pupils. See video.
- To make spiders, cut the black olives in half lengthwise for bodies. Then cut one legs by making thin slices lengthwise. See video.
- To make bats, cut black olives in half lengthwise. Then cut some of the halved olives into thin slices lengthwise. Cut the strips crosswise to make ears and wings. To make the bat eyes, dip a toothpick into mustard and draw on the olive halves. See video.
- To make pumpkins, cut the mini orange peppers crosswise into rounds and place on the pizzas. Cut strips to fill in the pumpkins. Use micro greens or a small piece of basil for the stem. See video.