Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced prior to freezing
- 1 date, pitted (this is your sweetener, if you don’t have dates add some honey or favorite sweetener)
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- In a blender, blend the milk, banana, date, peanut butter, half the ice cubes, and protein powder if using until smooth. Add more ice to thicken and more milk to thin. Blend the cacao with the other ingredients to make the entire smoothie chocolate-peanut butter, or pour half of the peanut butter smoothie into a bowl and then blend in the cacao to make a swirl smoothie.
- Enjoy! If you are making a smoothie bowl, add your favorite toppings such as fruit, oats, and seeds.
*If your like your smoothies extra frozen, place in the freezer for 20 minutes.