Avocado Caprese Sandwich
- 1 French baguette, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced/crushed
- 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 2 fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 1-2 avocados
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Pull out some of the soft insides of the bread to make more room for your fillings. Place crushed or minced garlic in olive oil in a small bowl. Brush garlic oil onto cut sides of bread.
- Place under broiler, cut side up, until toasted.
Top bottom piece of bread with tomatoes, mozzarella, and avocados. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze (I love the balsamic glaze from Williams Sonoma). Top with basil and top half of bread. Slice into sandwiches!
This recipe originally included shredded rotisserie chicken, though I've since removed it to make this Caprese sandwich recipe vegetarian.
You can make these Caprese sandwiches a few hours in advance.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 645mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.
This Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Hanna made for her hubby’s birthday needs no words. Go check out one of my new favorite blogs, Bouffe e Bambini.