Levain Bakery Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (knock-off)
|Levain Bakery cookies. Photo from two peas and their pod|
Levain Bakery Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie knock-offs
Makes about 17 cookies
- 2 sticks cold and cubed unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup good quality dark cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugar until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well-incorporated, then beat in cocoa powder.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. Mix into butter mixture. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
3. Roll 1/4 cup of dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool. The chocolate chips will stay nice and gooey for a few hours after baking. After that, microwave for 5-10 seconds (please don’t skip this step!).
adapted from this recipe at Parsley, Sage, Desserts, and Line Drives (kind of)