Almond Flour Snickerdoodles
These soft snickerdoodle cookies are easy to mix up in one bowl and are done in 20 minutes! Made with almond flour and coconut oil, these snickerdoodles are naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Are you ready to get the holiday baking started? Baking cookies is such a fun holiday tradition. With their warm sweet cinnamon sugar coating and soft interior, snickerdoodles have long been one of my kids’ favorite cookies. I wanted a snickerdoodle with a bit more nutrition than the typical white flour, butter, and sugar recipes. Those traditional cookies are delicious, but leave us feeling pretty terrible. And that’s how these almond flour snickerdoodles were born. I really love baking with almond flour because it creates delightfully tender baked goods that are a bit heartier and nuttier than typical flours. I absolutely love it in these Chocolate Chunk Cookies. If you think almond flour based cookies have to be heavy, just remember French macarons are almond flour based and as light as can be. In my mind almond flour is a healthier, more natural option than most refined flours, as it’s simply ground blanched almonds. Almond flour is pretty much a staple in gluten free and paleo baking. To learn more about the health benefits of almond flour, check out this article from Dr. Axe.
These almond flour snickerdoodles are light, soft, and satisfying. You’re going to love them and I’m so excited to share them with you.
When are scratch-n-sniff computers going to be invented? That needs to happen because I really want to share the warm holiday smell of these cookies fresh from the oven with you. I tested these snickerdoodle cookies with both melted butter and coconut oil. They both worked beautifully. We liked the classic flavor of the butter best, but you can really use either.
Whether you’re leaving these almond flour snickerdoodles for Santa or enjoying them with your afternoon cup of tea, I hope you love them! They are so quick and easy to make there’s no excuse not to make them. There’s no lugging out the big stand mixer to cream butter and sugar with this recipe. Watch the short video below to see what I mean.
If you try these, come back and leave a comment to let me know what you thought, or share a picture and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing what you’re making! Happy baking!
Almond Flour Snickerdoodles
These soft almond flour snickerdoodle cookies are done in under 20 minutes! They are naturally vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or coconut oil (I like nondairy butter best)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and powdered sugar until combined. Stir in the melted butter or coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add enough almond milk to bind the ingredients into a nice dough.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough and roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and press to flatten into 1/2-inch disks. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Melted butter lends a more classic snickerdoodle flavor, but coconut oil is probably a bit more natural and tastes great too.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like:
Almond Flour Chocolate Chunk Cookies (V, GF, Paleo)
Chocolate Banana Muffins (GF, Paleo)
Chocolate Macaroons (V, GF, Paleo)
Easy Macadamia Freezer Fudge (V, GF, Paleo)