Monday, December 21, 2015 / ... comments / Christmas , Winter
Pear Reindeer - Fun Christmas Snack for Kids
Cute pears that look like reindeer are a fun healthy holiday snack for kids!
Our girls are out of school this week so we are having some fun playing with our food and making cute holiday food that's actually healthy. We have lots of beautiful Harry & David pears right now, so we used them to make reindeer. Here's an idea for an easy kids' snack we all loved.
Use a paring knife to cut openings for pretzel antlers and insert. Attach half a cherry tomato or a raspberry for a nose using a toothpick. Please be very careful when using toothpicks around little children, and remove them before eating.
We attached candy eyes with melted chocolate. If you don't have candy eyes you could use peanuts or just a dot of chocolate. When you're ready to eat, just slice and enjoy!
Pear ReindeerYummy Mummy Kitchen
Pear reindeer make a cute and healthy holiday snack for kids.
- 1 pear
- 2 pretzels
- 1 cherry tomato, halved
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips
- 2 candy eyes (I used Wilton brand)
- Using a paring knife, slice a thin layer off one side of the pear so that it will sit flat without rolling. Place cut side down. Cut two small openings in the pear for the pretzel antlers. Insert antlers.
- Using a toothpick, attach the tomato nose.
- When chocolate has cooled enough to handle, place it into a piping bag or zip bag with a small corner cut off. Pipe two dots for eyes and attach candy eyes. Dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate to draw on eyelashes, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Tags: cute snacks for kids, healthy snacks, holiday food