Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls VIDEO
Rich and satisfying no-bake vegan chocolate chip cookie dough macaroon balls take just minutes to mix up! With pure, real food ingredients, you can have more than one. Since there is no oven needed, this is a great recipe for kids (of all ages!) to make.
I’ve posted no bake energy balls here in the past, but these are different. For the past year or so I’ve been buying chocolate chip cookie dough bites from the grocery store. They have a hearty coconut and almond flour base that is just scrumptious. My whole family loves them and with just a handful to a package, we go through them quickly and are disappointed when they run out. This week I set out to recreate the vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls I had been buying. I have to say, I nailed it on the first shot. My kids’ reactions were priceless. “They taste exactly the same!” they exclaimed.
These raw cookie dough bites are made with just six pure, real food ingredients, unlike the majority of packaged, processed treats from grocery stores. And my kids love them just as much as the junk food. All week I’ve been including these balls in the girls’ lunch boxes. Considering I usually don’t include any sweets in their lunches, they must think mommy is being really nice this week or mommy has gone crazy.
Although I don’t crave sugar anymore, I do have a weakness for chocolate chip cookies and cookie dough. The buttery, brown sugary dough with vanilla and a touch of salt is kind of irresistible. I will confess I spent more than a few teenage movie nights with girlfriends scooping cookie dough straight from the tube. Yes, it does say not to eat the dough raw right on the package but that didn’t stop us. That sounds completely revolting to me now, and these healthier raw cookie dough bites are so much better. As I type up this post I’m nibbling on a couple of these cookie dough balls and sipping an iced coffee guilt-free.
Check out our YouTube Channel and subscribe for more fun videos HERE.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
No bake, vegan chocolate cookie dough balls made with coconut and almond flour. A simple, irresistible, real food treat.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand recommended)
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut (if using larger shredded coconut pulse in a food processor first until finely ground) and salt. Drizzle syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil on top. Stir in until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. If your dough is too dry to come together, stir in a teaspoon of water.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place in a baking dish or food storage container. Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe was inspired by one of our favorite treats – Hail Merry bites!