Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
The girls wanted to do a cooking project and video last week. This frozen banana recipe ended up being the perfect little kids cooking project. They had so much fun dipping the frozen bananas in chocolate and sprinkling with toppings. This recipe is so simple and such a fun way to get kids in the kitchen. The topping options are endless! From sprinkles, to coconut shavings, nuts, seeds, berries, and nut butters, there are so many delicious flavors for your chocolate bananas!
My personal favorite is the peanut butter drizzle. It just doesn’t get better than chocolate and peanut butter. I also made a few dipped completely in peanut butter thinned with coconut oil – Heaven! Sadly my camera chip was on the fritz and didn’t save any of those images, so you’ll have to use your imagination until the next time I make these babies. I have really loved having these beautiful and delicious frozen bananas in the freezer the past few days (maybe a little too much!) and am sad they are gone. I’ll definitely be making more soon and I hope you try them too. These frozen bananas are the most luscious way to cool off, and we have been in serious need of cooling off lately.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUyJsByA2m8] Watch my silly girls and I make these frosty nanas! And please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you get updates when new videos are live.
Chocolate Covered Frozen BananasPrinter Friendly Recipe
- 4 bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 8 oz. favorite chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- chopped nuts (optional for topping)
- shaved coconut (optional for topping)
- peanut butter (optional for topping)
- berries, diced (optional for topping)
- seeds (optional for topping)
- Insert a popsicle stick or cake pop stick into the cut sides of bananas. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in the bowl of a double boiler until smooth. Carefully transfer the melted chocolate into a drinking glass.
- Holding the stick, dip a banana into the melted chocolate to coat. Chocolate doesn’t not need to go all the way to the end of the banana. While chocolate is still melty, sprinkle any toppings on top. If doing a peanut butter drizzle, dip a fork in the peanut butter and drizzle over the chocolate. Lay chocolate covered banana back onto the lined cookie sheet and continue with the other bananas. Enjoy right away or freeze for later.
Yield: Makes 8 frozen bananas
Prep Time: 3 hrs. 00 mins.
Cook time: 7 mins.
Total time: 3 hrs. 7 mins.
Tags: chocolate, bananas, snacks for kids, kids cooking, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, easy recipe, food for kids, summer, dessert