Quinoa and Lentil Salad with Butternut Squash
- 1/2 cup French lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 5 ounces arugula leaves
- 1/2 pomegranate seeded
- 1/3 cup favorite dressing (I recommend this Maple Vinaigrette)
- Cook lentils and quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, roast the butternut squash. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss cubed butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a roasting pan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Place arugula in a large salad bowl. Spoon cooked quinoa, lentils, and squash over the top. Add the seeds from 1/2 pomegranate. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.