Lemongrass and Cherry Tomato Halibut en Papillote
WHY THIS HALIBUT RECIPE WORKS
Halibut is a type of whitefish that has a mild, delicate flavor. It’s often compared to cod, but halibut has a richer flavor and a firmer texture. With its prized delicate flavor and firm, flaky texture, halibut works well baked en papillote with aromatics like lemongrass, garlic, and ginger.
Halibut from the East Coast is more delicate than Alaskan, and can easily fall apart when grilled or seared. Steaming or poaching this type of halibut is the best option for keeping it from falling apart.
WHAT IS EN PAPILLOTE?
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HALIBUT RECIPES
Halibut can be baked, braised, broiled, pan-roasted, fried, or grilled on the BBQ. My favorite halibut recipe is this baked en papillote recipe, but here are more ideas. Meatier Alaskan halibut is fine for the grill, while delicate East Coast halibut is better cooked very gently.
- Fish ‘n Chips
- Parchment paper. I recommend using unbleached parchment paper. In a pinch, you can also use foil.
- Halibut Filets
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE FISH EN PAPIOTTE
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass, tough outer pieces removed, trimmed, and minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- *1 tablespoon minced ginger (I recommend trying this, though I forgot to add it to mine)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut 4 (15 x 24 inch) pieces of parchment paper and fold them in half.
- Open the parchment and place one piece of halibut on one half of each piece of parchment. Season with salt and pepper. Top halibut with minced lemongrass, minced garlic, and whole tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap another half of the parchment over the fish and twist the parchment paper pieces together to seal. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Let rest for five minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 packet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.