What better way to end the summer than with lobster rolls?! I made a mini version with good quality rolls. I must be missing something, because every lobster roll recipe I could find recommends using white hot dog buns. Ick! Sorry, but I am not using those even if they are the proper roll. I used the kind of rolls you find in the freezer section and bake yourself so they are crisp on the outside and soft and airy on the inside. The recipe I used was from Barefoot Contessa Parties cookbook. The recipe was perfect, but I was only borrowing the book and gave it back before writing down the recipe! I’ve written down a similar recipe below for you, adapted from Emeril Lagasse.
- 4 rolls (or more mini rolls)
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup homemade or good quality mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 pound freshly cooked lobster tail and claw meat, cubed
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt, and mix well. Fold in the celery, shallots, dill, parsley, and chives. Fold in the lobster meat. Place 1 bun on each plate and divide the lobster salad among each.