Pumpkin Pecan Biscotti
Get ready for the ultimate fall cookie – Pumpkin Biscotti! These crunchy cookies are filled with autumn flavors of pumpkin and spice.
Welcome to the revamped version of our classic pumpkin pecan biscotti recipe! If you’re a fan of fall flavors, you’re in for a treat. With their aromatic blend of pumpkin, spices, and crunchy pecans, these biscotti are an absolute delight. Whether you’re craving a cozy snack with a cup of coffee or looking for a homemade gift for loved ones, this recipe has got you covered. Follow along as we guide you through the step-by-step process of creating these irresistible treats.
I made these cookies as Thanksgiving gifts, but am just getting around to posting them now. They really would make great holiday cookies though. Package them in a mason jar, tie them with pretty ribbon, slap on a label, and there you have a great homemade gift. these biscotti are sure to become a seasonal favorite.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to savor these delectable treats alongside your favorite warm beverage. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and let the aroma of pumpkin and pecans fill your kitchen as you bake these delightful biscotti. Enjoy every crunchy bite and share the joy with your loved ones this fall season.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or mixture of cinnamon, fresh ground nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves.)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup pecans nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; stir well. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Slowly add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very crumbly and gradually become moist after stirring.)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are browned. Remove from heat and cool completely. Knead or gently stir cooled nuts into dough. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions.
- Lightly flour hands and shape each portion into 4" wide logs. Place logs 3" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 23 minutes; cool logs for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300. Cut each log diagonally into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife. Place slices on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds. Dip biscotti in white chocolate and lay on wax paper to harden.