Travel Carry-On Bag Essentials
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes. The opinions and text are all mine.
Summer is here and that means travel. We are getting ready for a trip that includes a flight, so I though I would put together a list of my top carry-on bag essentials for moms, or anyone really. We love to travel and have been taking our kids with us on trips since they were babies. Now that they are school age, long trips have gotten so much easier. I remember taking my daughter to Hawaii when she was 6 months old and waking up every two hours to nurse. While traveling with kids isn’t exactly relaxing, it is an incredible adventure.
Here are the essentials I always pack in my mom carry on bag for flights with the kids.
- Wet Ones® Hand Wipes. Airports and airplanes are notoriously germ infested and catching a cold at the start of a trip is no fun. The moment I sit down on the airplane I give the trays a good wipe down with Wet Ones® Citrus scented wipes. I use the antibacterial variety to wipe down all the doorknobs, bathrooms, and other high traffic surfaces whenever one of us is sick at home since they kill 99% of germs.
- Before and after eating, and there is a lot of snacking that happens on board, the kids’ hands get cleaned with the Wet Ones® Sensitive Skin Extra Gentle Hand Wipes pictured above. I like the gentle wipes for sensitive baby and kid hands, and for myself since they don’t dry out my hands. When we get to the rental car the container will promptly get placed in the cup holder to wipe hands after the beach. You can find these Wet Ones® Hand Wipes at Walmart.
- Snacks. When we travel food serves as both fuel and entertainment. One can keep a toddler occupied for some time by feeding her half a blueberry at a time. Some healthy snack ideas: individual serving of hummus with veggies, apples, applesauce squeezers for kids, granola bars, and nuts.
- Gum. Takeoff and landing can be especially painful for little ears.
- Lip balm. The air inside the plane cabin can feel really dry.
- Sunscreen. I like brush on mineral sunscreen powder for faces.
- Tablet. loaded with movies, books, and games
- Kid safe headphones. These child sized headphones have a safe volume limit.
- Small Game. A deck of cards or other small game to play with your travel buddies.
- Small pack of crayons or markers and paper.
- Book. Any parent with littles knows it’s hard to get any reading done, but pack a book for your kids and for yourself.
- Smart phone and earbuds.
- Reusable water bottle. Although you won’t be able to bring liquids with you onto the plane, you can fill it up onboard and have your bottle with you on your vacation. Staying hydrated is so important.
- Cosmetics separated into a separate bag. Don’t forget the liquid limit of 3.4 ounces.
- Cozy sweater or wrap and socks. Airplanes can get chilly! Although I live in flip flops in my daily life, I always wear comfy flats or athletic shoes when traveling.
And my favorite travel bag?
A good cross-body bag with compartments.
You may also want to check out my post here: 10 Tips for Easy Travel with Kids
Are you doing any traveling this summer? Did I miss any of your favorite travel essentials?