Vegetable Enchiladas Recipe
Laurie kindly shared the recipe. She just chopped up bell pepper, zucchini, and onion. Added some frozen corn, and rolled the veggie mixture up with some cheese into tortillas. When I made this at home I added a can of black beans for more protein.
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
- 3/4 cup, divided shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 package tortillas
- 1/2 cup mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 avocado, sliced or guacamole for serving
- 1 lime, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, yellow and red bell pepper, onion, corn, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon a line of the vegetable mixture down the center of tortillas. Roll up and place in a casserole dish lightly coated with cooking spray, seam side down.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Feel free to add more cheese and/or sauce if you like!
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy warm with avocado and lime, or guacamole.