Christmas Mocktail: Cranberry Moscow Mule
Embrace the holiday spirit with a Cranberry Moscow Mule, a dazzling Christmas mocktail that brings together the zing of ginger beer, the tartness of cranberries, and the crispness of lime in a non-alcoholic holiday drink.
Searching for Christmas drink recipes? We’ve shared a list of the best Christmas Cocktails, but what about non-alcoholic holiday drinks? Our Cranberry Moscow Mule is the epitome of festive refreshment. It’s the perfect addition to your repertoire of holiday mocktails, offering a delicious alternative for those in search of non-alcoholic Christmas drinks.
Our Cranberry Moscow Mule is a holiday rendition of one of our most beloved mocktail recipes—the Virgin Moscow Mule. This special version brings together the zesty kick of ginger beer, the tartness of fresh cranberries, and the crispness of lime, creating a festive combination of flavors.
BEST CHRISTMAS MOCKTAILS
Looking to expand your repertoire of holiday mocktails beyond the Cranberry Moscow Mule? We’ve got you covered with a curated list of easy and delightful Christmas mocktail ideas:
- Winter Wonderland Sparkle: A mix of white grape juice, sparkling water, and a splash of lemon, garnished with sugared cranberries for a touch of elegance.
- Frosty Peppermint Punch: A creamy concoction of peppermint syrup, coconut milk, and club soda, served over ice for a festive and cool treat.
- Pomegranate Sparkler: Pomegranate juice meets sparkling water, with a squeeze of lime and a handful of pomegranate seeds, resulting in a dazzling and tangy mocktail.
- Apple Kombucha: Kombucha is one of our favorite non-alcoholic beverages. It’s bubbly and fun and comes in many festive flavors like apple or pomegranate.
- Hot Apple Cider: This classic treat works beautifully as a holiday mocktail. Simply warm and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
CRANBERRY MOSCOW MULE INGREDIENTS
This recipe is very versatile. Omit the vodka for a delightful Cranberry Moscow Mule mocktail, ensuring that everyone can partake in the festive fun. If you’re in the mood for the traditional cocktail, simply include a shot of vodka, skip the bubbly water, and let the holiday celebrations commence!
Are you curious about what goes into creating a Cranberry Moscow Mule? A traditional Moscow Mule is made with just vodka, ginger beer, and lime. Here’s the lineup of ingredients for our version:
- Ice: The foundation of a refreshing sip, ensuring your mocktail stays crisp and refreshing.
- Ginger Beer: A crucial ingredient that adds a bold and authentic ginger kick, distinct from its milder counterpart, ginger ale. This zesty brew elevates the drink’s flavor profile. We like to use zero-sugar ginger beer from Reed’s.
- Cranberry Juice: Infusing a festive hue and a delightful tartness, cranberry juice is the heart of this holiday concoction.
- Limes (Juice and Wedges for Garnish): Lime juice provides a zingy fresh counterpoint.
- Club Soda or Sparkling Water: This isn’t used in traditional Moscow mules, but adds volume when leaving out the vodka and mellows the ginger beer a bit.
HOLIDAY MOCKTAIL GARNISHES
Elevate your holiday mocktail presentation with these vibrant garnishes:
- Cranberries: Add a burst of festive color, transforming your drink into a visual delight.
- Mint: Infuse a refreshing and cool aroma, creating a perfect harmony with the other flavors in your mocktail.
- Rosemary: Impart a fragrant touch that adds a hint of sophistication to your Cranberry Mocktail, reminiscent of the holiday season.
- Citrus Zest Twists: Lemon, orange, or grapefruit twists add a burst of citrusy aroma and a visually appealing twist.
- Pomegranate Seeds: Sprinkle these ruby-red gems for a pop of color and a burst of sweet-tart flavor.
- Edible Flowers: For an elegant touch, consider using edible flowers like hibiscus or pansies for a visually stunning mocktail.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HOLIDAY MOCKTAIL
Creating the perfect holiday mocktail is a breeze. No need for a shaker or complicated mixing process—this festive drink comes together effortlessly right in the glass.
1. Prepare Your Glass: Begin by filling your copper mule mug or wine glass with ice. This not only chills your mocktail but also enhances the overall experience.
2. Layer the Ingredients: Pour in the key elements—Ginger Beer, cranberry juice, lime juice, and club soda or sparkling water. .
3. Garnish: Complete your festive creation by garnishing with lime wedges, vibrant cranberries, and your choice of mint or rosemary. This not only adds visual appeal but also enhances the aromatic experience.
Important Note: This holiday mocktail needs to be prepared just before serving. Unlike some cocktails like our Margarita Mix, this delightful concoction is best enjoyed immediately, ensuring the effervescence of the ginger beer and the sparkle of the club soda remain at their peak.
Sipping a Cranberry Moscow Mule is a delightful experience, blending bold ginger beer with a slightly spicy kick, complemented by the tartness of cranberry juice and a zesty citrus twist from lime juice. The effervescence of club soda or sparkling water adds a light and bubbly texture, creating a refreshing mocktail that captures the essence of the holidays. The garnishes, including lime wedges, cranberries, and a touch of mint or rosemary, not only enhance the visual appeal but also contribute aromatic nuances, making each sip a festive celebration of flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup Reed's ginger beer*
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- juice of 2 medium limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup club soda or sparkling water
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
- 2 sprigs rosemary or mint, for garnish
- fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Fill two copper mule mugs or wine glasses 2/3 full with ice.
- Top with ginger beer, lime juice, cranberry juice, and club soda.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with lime, rosemary/mint, and cranberries. Enjoy immediately.
We use Reed's zero sugar ginger beer but feel free to use your favorite.
For those who prefer a traditional Cranberry Moscow Mule cocktail, replace sparkling water with 1.5 oz. vodka.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45