You’ve Been Elfed (Free Printable and Ideas)
Spread cheer this holiday season by elf-ing your neighbors, friends, or co-workers! We’ve got a cute “You’ve Been Elfed” free printable for you to use with your goodies, plus lots of treat ideas.
Here’s a fun activity to spread holiday cheer to your friends, family, and neighbors. You can even use this free printable to make holiday gifts for work.
Our You’ve Been Elfed printable is free and easy to use. You may also like our free Letter to Santa Templates. Happy holidays!
What is You’ve Been Elfed and How do You Play?
You may have been “Booed” at Halloween – we have! This is a fun tradition in which kids leave a bag of treats with a note explaining that the recipient has been “booed” and should play it forward by booing others.
You’ve Been Elfed is the Christmastime version of this fun prank. It’s a great example of Random Acts of Kindness. Kids especially delight in this wholesome form of ding-dong-ditch.
To be an extra sneaky elf, you can dress up in your best Christmas sweater and elf hat.
To play along, make a gift bag, box, or basket filled with goodies. Attach our You’ve Been Elfed printable and you’re ready to play!
Treat Ideas to Include in Your Bag
When it comes to You’ve Been Elfed, one of the best ways to enjoy the experience is by giving a gift. If you’re looking for some ideas, here are a few suggestions:
- Christmas cookies
- An Elf on the Shelf
- Cookie cutters
- A gingerbread house
- Santa hat or elf hat
- A copy of “The Night Before Christmas” or another Christmas book or movie
- Cozy spa day kit with fuzzy socks, bath bombs, nail polish, and face masks
- A Christmas ornament
- Holiday stickers
- Art supplies
- Homemade Christmas slime
- A festive mug
- Homemade hot cocoa mix
- A festive stuffed animal
- Christmas candy or treats
These are just a few ideas to get you started – the possibilities are endless! You can also make You’ve Been Elfed even more fun by making up your own game rules, like giving someone a festive prank gift and having them pass it on. Whatever you decide, You’ve Been Elfed is sure to bring some holiday cheer.
Poem and Text Ideas
There are no rules for what to write on your Elfed notes. We like to keep it simple with this classic poetic phrase: “Someone who thinks you’re extra sweet has left you this special holiday treat!”
You can also leave a page of instructions requesting that the recipient you Elfed pass on the cheer by doing the same for their friends.
You’ve Been Elfed Free Printable
You’re welcome to use our free You’ve Been Elfed printable tag! Simply download here and print as many copies as you need.
- You've Been Elfed Printable
- Gift Bag or Box
- Holiday Treats
- Tape or Stapler
- Click the link for the You've Been Elfed printable. Print at home or online. You can resize as needed. 5x7 prints nicely for gift bags and boxes.
- Fill a gift bag or box with holiday treats.
- Attach the printable note to the gift bag/box with tape, staples, or even a ribbon or twine.
- To deliver your You've Been Elfed package, quietly sneak up to your recipient's porch (or office at work) and leave it. Quickly leave. You can ring the doorbell if you'd like.
- Wait for your friend to find their package. Keep spreading that holiday kindness and cheer!
What Should I put in my Elfed bag?
There are no rules, but some good options include Christmas cookies, ornaments, Santa hats, candy, art supplies, and toys.