Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls
Crispy air fryer egg rolls are easy to make and lower in oil. This version is filled with avocado, black beans, and corn. This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means I may make a commission when you shop through them.
We’ve been loving the air fry function on our smart oven for years and just recently started posting air fryer recipes here. My kids love it most for Frozen French Fries, of course, but it does so much more than that.
This avocado egg roll recipe has just a few simple plant-based ingredients. My daughter described them as tiny crispy burritos.
It has so many creative and healthy ways to use the air fryer, but we started with the Avocado Egg Rolls. They were a fun and tasty egg roll recipe. I can’t wait to try traditional Asian air fryer egg rolls next.
How to Make Avocado Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
I love that the recipes in Dana’s cookbook are made with real, easy-to-find ingredients that make everyday air frying easy and healthy. For this recipe you’ll need:
- Egg roll wraps. These are found in the refrigerated section usually next to the tofu. There are smaller square wraps but those are meant for potstickers and other smaller dumplings.
- Black Beans. I usually cook my own Instant Pot Black Beans from dry and freeze them, but always keep a few cans in the pantry for last-minute cooking.
- Avocado. Be sure to check out our post on How to Cut Avocados perfectly. For this recipe, I’d recommend a just-ripe avocado that’s still firm enough to hold its shape.
- Corn Kernels. I didn’t have any corn on hand so I skipped it and bumped up the beans and avocado just a bit.
- Salsa. Use my favorite Fresh Tomato Salsa recipe or store-bought. I used mild salsa but would’ve preferred some heat.
- Cooking Spray. Though air fryer egg rolls require much less oil than traditionally fried rolls, they do need a little spray to crisp up.
Step 1: Top the egg roll wrappers with the filling.
Step 2: Roll up as described in the recipe card. A little water helps stick the rolls together.
Step 3: Air Fry Until Crispy
Avocado egg rolls make a great snack or light meal alongside a salad.
More Air Fryer Snacks to Devour
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa, plus more
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Set the air fryer to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, black beans, salsa, corn, and cilantro.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold a corner over the filling, tuck in the sides, and roll up from the bottom to the top. Wet the top with water to help secure the seal. Spray the egg rolls with canola oil.
- Place the egg rolls in the fryer basket. Cook until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer the egg rolls to a platter and serve immediately with more salsa.
- I didn't have corn so I left them out but wished I'd had it.
- I thought these needed a little salt and pepper, but that might depend on your salsa.
- My egg rolls took much longer to cook and needed a slightly higher temperature to crisp up. I ended up bumping the temperature to 380 and cooking for about 6 minutes, then turning, and cooking another 6 minutes.
- I used coconut oil spray.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.