Orange Sunshine Smoothie Parfaits
Mandarin orange smoothies layered with granola, yogurt, and berries create delicious parfaits! This healthy breakfast treat is easy to make vegan and gluten-free. This kid-approved recipe is like sunshine in a glass. This post is sponsored by Cuties. All opinions are my own.
Layers of crunchy granola, creamy yogurt, fresh berries, and simple mandarin orange smoothie come together to create a delicious Sunshine Smoothie Parfait! This parfait is bursting with color, flavor, vitamin C, and proboitics. These pretty parfaits are a favorite breakfast and after school snack in our house, and always make us happy. Citrus smoothie parfaits are like sunshine in a glass and the perfect way to perk up dreary winter days. Studies like this one in Japan have even found that just smelling citrus has be found to boost mood!
With December comes mandarin orange season, and we couldn’t be happier about it! When our friends over at Cuties asked if I would share a recipe, my girls and I were thrilled, but choosing just one recipe was tough, because we use them in so many ways. The girls often ask for Cuties as their morning snack at school. I love using mandarins as a table centerpiece. Just fill a platter with a big pile of mandarins and you’ve got an edible pop of color. Every year Santa puts a Cutie or two at the end of our stockings. They’re also great to dry in slices and hang around your Christmas tree, dress up cheese boards, and snack on. See, what I mean? I have so many ideas for these little Cuties. When I asked my girls what recipe to share with you though, they were sure it was our favorite winter Sunshine Smoothie Parfait.
This Cuties smoothie is one of the simplest smoothies around. Just three ingredients go into the blender! When you use frozen bananas and Cuties the mixture gets super thick and creamy like ice cream.
The resulting smoothie is so dreamy, creamy, and refreshing. This citrus smoothie tastes a lot like orange sherbet, but has a lot more nutrition going on. So sunshine-y, right?
Once the parfaits are layered and topped with the mandarin smoothie, I like to add a few Cuties segments for even more sunshine. My family loves these parfaits and I hope yours does too.
Mandarin Orange Smoothie Parfaits
- 2 Cuties mandarins, peeled
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 (6 oz.) cups favorite yogurt (I recommend plain, nondairy yogurt)
- 2 cups favorite granola (GF if desired)
- 1 cup favorite berries (blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Place Cuties, bananas, and 1 cup of the yogurt into a blender. It may seem like you would need to add liquid, but the mandarins should have plenty in them already! Blend until smooth.
- To make the parfaits, layer the granola, remaining yogurt, and berries any way you wish about halfway up two glasses. Top with the smoothie and garnish with any additional berries.