20+ Best Fresh Tomato Recipes
Fresh tomato recipes! 20 delicious ways to use fresh garden tomatoes, from sauces to soups to salads and more.
It’s summertime, and I’m trying to pick my tomatoes before the birds do! My favorite varieties to grow have been red and yellow cherry tomatoes, Costoluto Genovese, and Roma. While there’s not much better than sun-warmed juicy cherry tomatoes straight from the vine, there are so many great recipes we can make with fresh tomatoes too.
From fresh tomato sauce to salsa, to creative recipes from my favorite bloggers, I’ve rounded up a bunch of fresh tomato recipes for you to try! If you don’t have time to use your tomatoes right away, you can even Freeze Tomatoes for later. Another way of preserving them is to blanch, peel, and can them.
Tomatoes are used in many different recipes from around the world from Mexican to Mediterranean! With such versatility, there are countless fresh tomato recipes. Did I miss any of your favorites?
Sauces Made with Fresh Tomatoes
All winter long I use jarred tomatoes or passata (tomato puree) to make our tomato sauce for pasta. When we have just way too many fresh tomatoes, however, I love to make a big pot of fresh tomato marinara. This recipe is so easy and has gotten great reviews year after year.
Fresh Tomato Appetizers and Snacks
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Salsa Recipe for Canning
- Authentic Bruschetta
- Pan con Tomate
- Cherry Tomatoes Roasted in the Oven from Healing Tomato
Salads Featuring Tomatoes
- Caprese Salad
- Traditional Greek Salad
- Panzanella Salad
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Farro Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Orzo Salad with Kale and Heirloom Tomatoes
- White Bean Cherry Tomato Salad from Veggies Save the Day
- Caprese Salad with Basil Vinaigrette & Avocado from Cadry’s Kitchen
- Simple Summer Tomato Salad from Trial and Eater
- Vegan Kidney Bean Salad with Tomato, Parsley and Walnuts from Avocado Pesto
Main Dish Tomato Recipes
- Fresh Tomato Soup
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Cappellini
- Zoodles with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and White Beans
- Quinoa Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
- Summer Pizza with Zucchini Ribbons and Cherry Tomatoes
- Piadina Romagnola
- Vegan Pesto Pizza with Heirloom Tomatoes
- Tomato Risotto from New York Times
- Tomato Gazpacho with Crispy Falafel Chickpeas from Rhubarbarians
- Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho from The View From Great Island
- Fregola Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil from Veggie Inspired
- Slow Cooker Tomato Soup From Scratch from Vegan in the Freezer
- Braised Eggplant in Fresh Tomato Sauce from May I Have That Recipe
- 1 (8 oz.) ball fresh mozzarella
- 2-3 medium-large tomatoes (I used heriloom tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- flaky sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella crosswise ¼ inch thick.
- Arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella on a large plate, in an overlapping pattern.
- Tuck the basil leaves in between the tomatoes and mozzarella and scatter on top.
- Drizzle the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.