Acai Bowl Breakfast Popsicles
Homemade acai bowl ice pops with chia, granola, and berries are a delicious and nourishing breakfast or snack. These ice pops will cool you down and keep you going on warm summer days.
It seems the weather is scorching hot in many parts of the world right now. Where we are in Italy the Tuscan sun is giving us 90 degree days, and I’ve heard reports that some places in Arizona are reaching 120 degrees this week. When it’s that hot, it’s best to keep the oven off and enjoy refreshing cool foods. One fun way to do that is with smoothies and smoothie bowls. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile you might know I love acai and pitaya bowls, along with chocolatey protein bowls. I’ve posted about freezing smoothies and acai bowls before, but another way to make them ahead of time is to freeze them in ice pop form. This acai popsicle recipe combines two of my favorite superfood breakfasts in one icy pop. They’ve got protein and Omega-3s from a scoop of chia pudding, and loads of antioxidants from the acai. Ice pops for breakfast? Why not?
I like to add chunks of fruit to my homemade popsicles for extra fruity texture. This time I’ve used blueberries and diced strawberries, but feel free to use whatever fruit you have. Pineapple or mango chunks would be delicious too! Although it’s hard to tell from the pictures, there is granola up in the mix too. I like the coconut chia granola from Nature’s Path but homemade granola or even muesli, for a lower sugar option, would be fantastic. Granola makes these breakfast popsicles feel more like, well, breakfast!
Making chia pudding is as quick and easy as it gets! Click here to find out how to make it!
Acai Breakfast Popsicles
- 2 frozen acai packs
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut water or orange juice
- 1 cup prepared chia pudding
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/3 cup diced berries (Optional, I used strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- Run the acai packs under warm water for a few seconds, break each into a few chunks, and remove from the plastic wrapping. Place in the blender with the mango, pineapple, and banana. Add the coconut water or orange juice to the blender. You’ll need just enough to blend, so feel free to add more. Blend until you have a smooth acai smoothie.
- Layer the acai mixture with the chia pudding and granola into an ice pop mold. Push a few fresh berry pieces into the pops. Place the sticks into the pops and freeze until completely solid.