Breakfast Lemon Fruit and Granola Tart
Beautiful fruit and granola tart for breakfast.
Stop whatever you are planning for Easter brunch right this minute. This healthier fruit and granola tart is the only recipe you need. It’s stunning to look at, but no one will ever know just how simple it is to make. I took some shortcuts with this breakfast fruit tart, because, well, I’m a busy mama, and I know many of you are short on time too. This tasty tart is easy to make vegan and gluten free if desired. The nutty crunch of the granola crust with the creamy lemon filling and the fresh fruit on top is wonderfully addicting and spring-y. From here on out, this is the only thing I will be bringing to Easter get togethers.
To come up with this recipe I took my granola crust from my Red, White, and Blue Frozen Yogurt Pie and my lemon curd yogurt filling from these crepes and decorated it like a smoothie bowl. As usual, I used nature’s candy to garnish with edible flowers and fruit.
The crust for this beauty is simply granola, nuts, a little honey, and coconut oil whizzed together in the food processor. My kids’ favorite fruit is mango and kiwi, so I had to add those to the berries.
The ridiculously simple but incredibly tasty filling: pain Greek yogurt + lemon curd. Done! This combination creates a very thick and rich filling reminiscent of lemon pie filling. Don’t fret vegan and non-dairy friends, you can use nondairy lemon yogurt (or any other flavor!) in place of this mixture.
Once the crust has baked for 10 minutes and cooled, spread that filling on! And there you have a perfect blank canvas for your fruity masterpiece.
If you plant some edible flowers in your garden you will always have gorgeous garnishes.
I started in the center with berries and worked my way out. Have fun with this and use whatever fruit you have around. There are absolutely NO rules here and you get to be the artist.
Beautiful easy to make breakfast fruit tart with a granola crust and lemon yogurt filling.
- 2 cups natural, low sugar, granola
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 17 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- fruit of your choice: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mango, kiwi
- edible flowers of your choice, such as pansies, marigolds, chamomile, and lavender
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse the granola, walnuts, oil, and honey until crumbly and can hold together when pinched. Press this crust mixture into a 10 or 11 inch tart pan. Bake until lightly browned, 7-10 minutes, being careful not to burn. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir yogurt and lemon curd together. Slice or peel any fruit.
- Spread lemon yogurt into the baked and cooled granola crust. Arrange the fruit on top however you would like. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Gluten Free Option: Make sure to use GF granola and lemon curd.
Vegan Option: Use maple syrup instead of honey. Use your favorite non-dairy yogurt for the filling.