Tabouli (tabbouleh) with Quinoa and Chickpeas
Tabouli with Quinoa and ChickpeasPrinter Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1-2 lemons, or to taste
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and drain. Brin quinoa and 2 cups of water to a simmer. Cover and turn heat down to low. Cook quinoa until water has been absorbed, and quinoa is translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, stir together the parsley, mint, green onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cucumbers, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt.
- Allow quinoa to cool to warm or room temperature. Stir quinoa in to the salad mixture. Add as much quinoa as you like. I added about 1 1/2 cups.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold or room temp. I like to enjoy mine over a bed of greens and topped with avocado. Enjoy!
Yield: serves 2
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: vegan, vegetarian, Middle Eastern, salad