Winter Lentil Salad with Carrots and Pomegranate
I added ingredients I had in my refrigerator: rainbow carrots and pomegranate arils, but this would be so delicious with roasted beets, persimmon, pear, tangerine slices, fennel shavings…
Winter Lentil Saladprinter friendly recipe
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Simmer lentils in a pot of water until tender, but not mushy, about 30-40 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, orange juice and turmeric.
- In your serving bowl, toss together the cooked lentils, dressing, parsley, carrots, and pomegranate.
*vegan option: omit the cheese
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook time: 40 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: lentil salad, lentils, healthy, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, winter, fall