The Best Garlic Bread Recipe
Find out how to make the best garlic bread at home with this easy family recipe.
At dinner the other night, Yummy Hubby asked, “Have you put this garlic bread on your blog? Because it’s amazing!” So though this is not exactly a “recipe” because it is so simple, I promised him I would share with you how I make my “amazing” garlic bread. You can get it all ready for the oven early in the day and pop it in when you’re ready to eat.
Growing up my family often had salad and garlic bread along with our dinner. My dad has always loved garlic, and I do too. Making garlic bread at home is incredibly easy. Once you know this garlic bread recipe you’ll never buy the frozen kind again.
Garlic Bread Ingredients
To make garlic bread at home you’ll need a few simple ingredients. You already have them on hand!
- Bread: I use a fresh baguette, but ciabatta or other crusty breads are great too
- Garlic: You’ll need a few cloves
- Butter: I like Earth Balance because it’s dairy-free, tasty, and easy to spread
- Parmesan: adds a ton of flavor
- Parsley: add color and freshness with dried or fresh parsley
How to Make Garlic Bread
Making garlic bread at home is really as easy as splitting your loaf of bread in half, spreading on some butter, spreading on some garlic, and dusting with Parmesan. Bake until toasty and cut!
What to Serve Garlic Bread With
I always think of big family style dinners when I think of garlic bread. I love it with my Vegan Vegetable Lasagna and a big salad.
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup butter or Earth Balance, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread butter over cut sides of bread. Spread minced garlic over the butter and sprinkle Parmesan and parsley over the top.
- Toast the garlic bread until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
*vegan option: Use Earth Balance and omit the Parmesan.
*gluten free option: Use gluten free bread. This recipe is delicious with any type of bread!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.