Roasted Beet & Heirloom Tomato Salad
How to Cook Beets
- 3 large washed and trimmed beets
- 6 heirloom tomatoes in a variety of colors
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, peeled chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch freshly cracked pepper
- 1 bunch micro greens (optional)
- To roast the beets, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle beets with a splash of olive oil and wrap in foil. Be sure foil is completely sealed. Place beets on oven rack and roast until tender, about 40 minutes to 1 hour or more depending on size. Let cool and then slip the skins off and slice beets.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and arrange with beet slices on a platter alone or over greens. Add cherry tomatoes to the platter.
In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, mustard, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and garnish with additional basil leaves or micro greens.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.