Easy Blueberry Apple Crisp Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 6 large honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour (whole wheat, gluten free, etc.)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (I use Trader Joe’s organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold salted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the apple slices with the syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer the apple mixture to a pie dish and set aside.
- In the same bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add the butter and use your fingers to crumble it into the oat mixture until well combined and crumbly. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes, checking halfway through and covering with foil if the top is browning too quickly. Serve warm with ice cream.