Easy Homemade Ravioli
Easy Homemade Ravioli Recipe
printer friendly recipe
Yield: about 30 pieces using a 2 1/2 inch cutter.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ounce goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, or chopped fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 package wonton wrappers (found in refrigerated Asian/tofu section)
- Favorite sauce, more Parmesan, fresh herbs, and/or micro greens for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, goat cheese, Parmesan, 1 of the eggs, and parsley until combined.
- Lay one wonton wrapper on work surface. Lightly press cookie cutter into the wrapper just so that you can see the shape when the cutter is removed, not so that it cuts all the way through. This will help you to know how much filling to add. Spoon a dollop of filling onto the center of the heart shape on the wonton wrapper. Make sure to leave plenty of border all the way around for the top layer to adhere to.
- Lightly beat the second egg in a small bowl with one tablespoon water to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash onto the bottom layer of the wonton sheet around the filling. Gently place the top sheet over the filling and press around the filling mound to stick the top and bottom laters together. Use the cookie cutter to cut all the way through the ravioli.
- Firmly press the edges together and set aside. Continue until all the wonton wrappers have been used.
- Refrigerate ravioli or cook right away.
- To cook fresh ravioli, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gently drop ravioli into the water and boil until cooked through (they should be puffed up and floating at the top), 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, grated Parmesan, fresh herbs, and/or microgreens.