Mexican Salad and 10 Best Summer Salad Recipes
This healthy Mexican salad is packed with flavor and crunch. With beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and more, it’s like a burrito – salad hybrid. And it’s delicious.
I know. I know. A lot of salad recipes lately, right? I promise to share something sweet next. But…
This is it. The salad I cannot stop eating. I have made it three times in the past few weeks. There are salads that you eat delicately, piece by piece. And then there are salads you just shovel in – this one is the latter and I love that about it. It’s hearty and fresh and sweet and crunchy all at the same time. The kids also love this one because everything is already bite-sized and the beans and avocado make it guacamole-ish. And who doesn’t love something guacamoleish?! I brought this Mexican Salad to two separate Fiesta parties last week and they were a huge hit with all our friends.
This salad makes and excellent side dish, or a main dinner salad. Especially when served over quinoa or with a sprinkle of cheese over the top. I know you’re going to love this easy Mexican salad! The sweetness of the summer corn with the crunch of the Romaine and the creaminess of the avocado is just perfect. You’ve got healthy fats, protein, and fiber. I love this Mexican salad for lunch or as a side salad to bring to BBQs. A veggie burger and a side of this Mexican salad would be my dream summer BBQ meal.
More Summer Salad Recipe
- Raw Zucchini Salad
- Stuffed Caprese
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Mexican Salad (this post, Silly!)
- Watermelon Feta Bites
- Melon and Prosciutto Salad (sub Feta if vegetarian)
- Grilled Summer Veggies
- Shrimp, White Bean, and Arugula Salad
- Grilled Cantaloupe and Vegetable Salad
- Coconut Shrimp BBQ Salad
- Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Pecans
- Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Peaches
- Simple Avocado Salad
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Italian Farro Salad
Do you have a favorite summer salad? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large or 2 small ears corn, kernels sliced off
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup sliced Persian cucumber
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave, or orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, beans, pepper, corn kernels, radishes, cucumber, and avocado.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, and cilantro to a small jar. Close the lid and shake to combine. Alternatively, whisk together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve.
This salad can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead and stored in the refrigerator, with the avocado and dressing left off until just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 9gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g