Mussels with Fennel, Garlic, and Tomatoes
Flavorful broth-y mussels with spaghetti is a delicious family dinner.
Friday afternoon the girls and I met some of our friends for a beach playdate. The kids dug holes in the sand and splashed in the waves, but their favorite part of the afternoon was looking through a big piece of kelp.
More great mussels recipes:
- 1 cup fish or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, or diced red tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds live mussels, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti, cooked, for serving
- In a large pot or Dutch oven set over medium high heat, bring stock, buttter, fennel, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper, to a simmer. Add mussels, toss with the broth mixture, and cover.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the shells open. Discard any mussels that do not open. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve alone with some crusty bread or garlic flatbread, or tossed with spaghetti cooked al dente in salted water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1091mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 58g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.