Balsamic Strawberry, Basil, and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Why This Strawberry, Basil, and Balsamic Recipe Works
In Italian cuisine, they love combining sweet juicy strawberries with basil for that perfect balance of flavors. The basil’s peppery kick complements the strawberries’ sweetness like a match made in heaven.
To take things up a notch, we add balsamic vinegar over the strawberries and some creamy goat cheese on crispy bruschetta. The balsamic vinegar adds a tangy and slightly sweet zing that ties all the flavors together in the most delightful way.
If you’ve never had strawberries with balsamic vinegar before, it may sound a bit strange. But it really is a wonderful combination. Italians serve balsamic with strawberries for dessert as well! In Italy, it’s common to enjoy strawberries with a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar as a simple yet elegant dessert. The combination of the sweet, juicy strawberries and the tangy, syrupy balsamic creates a delightful contrast.
This recipe is a must-try. Your taste buds will thank you for introducing them to this delightful Italian trio!
- 1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal and toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 pint/basket fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- whole basil leaves, for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir strawberries with balsamic and basil.
- Spread goat cheese over bread slices and top with strawberry mixture.
- Garnish with more fresh basil.
This recipe is easy to make dairy-free/vegan if desired. Look for soft vegan cheese such as one from Treeline, or use our incredible Almond Ricotta.