Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
You’ve eaten and loved peanut butter cookies. But have you tried almond butter cookies?
Serve warm from the oven with a tall glass of milk for the perfect afternoon snack.
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond butter, at room temperature (I used Trader Joe's Almond Butter with Flax Seeds)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 organic large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (about 2.5 oz) cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, almond butter, and brown sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour in thirds and stir until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chunks. Roll the mixture into golf ball–sized balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) and slightly flatten. Bake for 10 minutes, in a nonstick baking pan, rotating the pan halfway through baking time. Cool the cookies on a rack before serving.
adapted from, but no longer resembling Gwyneth Paltrow's peanut butter cookies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.