Pistachio Mascarpone Gelato
Homemade pistachio gelato made with mascarpone cheese! Mascarpone gelato is a rich, creamy, and refreshing Italian dessert!
It’s almost Memorial Day weekend, and that means Summer is right around the corner. This afternoon B and I made this gelato and you really must try it. Immediately. You’ll think you’re in Piazza Navona, Roma. It’s that good. I first tried it without the pistachios and was disappointed. But after adding the pistachios? Something magical happened. It’s also one of the easiest ice creams I’ve ever made. No eggs to temper!
Now that we’re in the Summery spirit, I’ll share some Summer inspiration from our home to yours…
Potted Hydrangea on our porch
I always know Summer is coming when the starfish come back out on our mantel.
in our family room…
That mossy succulent sphere was fun to make. Do we need a tutorial?
A few of my favorite things for Summer
2 ~ Current favorite dress $88 at Anthropologie. This is the most comfortable thing I have ever put on AND it’s V stripes and fit make it super flattering.
3. Pure Fiji sugar scrub. Smells like a tropical island… ahhhh…
4. Brazilian Gloss keratin treatment. 3 months of frizz-free hair without blow drying.
5. Get glowy Summery skin with this shimmer brick (I’ve been using this for 5+ years and still love it)
Ciao Bella! I hope you have a sweet Spring & Summer!
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted or toasted pistachios
- In a medium saucepan, combine the mascarpone, milk, and sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves and bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Remove from heat. Cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The liquid may have separated. If so, pour liquid through a fine mesh sieve and discard solids. Add pistachios to liquid and pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
adapted from Italian Food Artisans' 'Mascarpone Gelato'
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 229mg Carbohydrates: 32g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 26g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g