Lemon Filled Lavender Cupcakes
These beautiful lemon curd filled lemon lavender cupcakes are so lovely and perfect for spring, summer, baby showers, and weddings!
Lavender cupcakes, lemon curd filling, lavender honey frosting
Lavender is frequently used in cooking in Provence and pairs perfectly with lemon. It adds lovely floral notes to whatever you’re cooking. Lavender is one of the herbs in herbs of Provence, which is one of my favorite herbs/spices to use.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon curd (you can make your own, or use store bought)
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1.5 teaspoons lavender honey (available at gourmet food stores and lavender farms)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; line a 12 count muffin pan with paper liners.
- Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to combine.
- Tip the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time, then sift in the flour and fold gently. Stir in the milk, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Use a paring knife to remove a "plug" from your cupcakes. Fill hole with lemon curd.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and honey together until combined. Beat in sugar until stiff enough.
- Frost cupcakes and top with a lavender flower.