Lemon Filled Lavender Cupcakes
These beautiful lemon curd-filled lemon lavender cupcakes are so lovely and perfect for spring, summer, baby showers, and weddings!
Lavender cupcakes, lemon curd filling, lavender honey frosting. Lavender cupcakes have a subtle floral flavor that’s complemented by lemon.
Lavender is frequently used in cooking in Provence and pairs perfectly with lemon. It adds lovely floral notes to whatever you’re cooking. Lavender is one of the herbs in herbs of Provence, which is one of my favorite herbs/spices to use.
How to Make Lemon Lavender Cupcakes
You can find culinary lavender in gourmet cooking stores such as Williams-Sonoma, at some farmer’s markets, and on Amazon (see recipe card for the link). When cooking with lavender it’s best to use a small amount so that it’s not overpowering and reminiscent of soap.
Once the lavender cupcakes are baked, cut a small cylinder out of the cupcake to fill. Filled cupcakes are wonderful because they add unexpected flavor and moistness. Lemon curd is perfect with lavender. Try it in our Lemon-Filled Crepes next!
If you have fresh lavender growing nearby, top each cupcake with a lavender flower. You can find fresh lavender plants in nurseries, and fresh-cut lavender in the spring at farmers markets.
More Lavender Recipes
- Lavender Simple Syrup (for Lattes!)
- Lavender Lemonade
- Homemade Lavender Tea
- Bath Bombs with Lavender
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon curd (you can make your own, or use store bought)
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1.5 teaspoons lavender honey (available at gourmet food stores and lavender farms)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; line a 12 count muffin pan with paper liners.
- Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to combine.
- Tip the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time, then sift in the flour and fold gently. Stir in the milk, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Use a paring knife to remove a "plug" from your cupcakes. Fill hole with lemon curd.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and honey together until combined. Beat in sugar until stiff enough.
- Frost cupcakes and top with a lavender flower.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 39gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by Nutritionix. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your favorite calculator.